We utilize the data in your individual Riskalyze account to assist you with support requests, troubleshoot problems, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the Services. In addition, we utilize data across the entire Riskalyze platform to improve its effectiveness, develop insights, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the system.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you Provide. When you establish a Riskalyze account, we ask you for personal information, which may include your name, address, email address, credit card information, phone numbers and other personal information provided by you. We use the data you enter to provide the Services to you and develop personalization of the Services. We also analyze all of our customer data in aggregate to understand more about the average Riskalyze user.
- Contact Information. You may be asked for your email address or other personal contact information, which we will not share or sell to third parties.
- Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record certain information in an industry-standard way. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. We use logs to improve the quality of our services, debug problems, and track user trends.
- User Communications. Any messages, email or communications that you send to Riskalyze may be retained so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests or improve the quality of our services. We may use your email address and other personal contact information to communicate with you about our services.
- Aggregated/Anonymous Information. Riskalyze may also collect user information on an aggregate or anonymous basis, which does not personally identify you, and disclose the aggregate or anonymous data to prospective partners or other outside parties for their use. Riskalyze may also use this aggregate or anonymous information for various other business purposes, including without limitation, the creation and sale of other products to our customers and potential customers.
Riskalyze processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America, and may do so in other countries. In some cases, unless otherwise prohibited by a superseding agreement, we may process personal information outside your own country.
We do not sell personally identifiable information about current or former customers to third parties. We may share customer information with Riskalyze subsidiaries or affiliated companies in order to properly service your account. In compliance with federal and state laws, we may disclose information we collect about our customers and former customers, as described above, to nonaffiliated businesses such as:
- Companies that perform services for us or on your behalf, including the asset managers, investment strategists and fund companies who manage your assets;
- Companies who provide a technology service that is integrated with Riskalyze, and you have enabled that integration in your Riskalyze account (you should ensure that you only connect trusted services to your Riskalyze account);
- You follow, subscribe to or utilize strategies, models or securities from an asset manager. In this case, the data shared is at a client-aggregated level with zero identifying information about your clients, and is only shared to (a) allow us to offer you discounts when you place assets in strategies, models or securities offered by certain partners, and (b) to enable these partners to provide you with the support, insights, data, due diligence and resources to assist you in serving your clients;
- Companies that participate in joint marketing activities with us;
- Financial services companies (such as your custodian and brokers or dealers) who effect transactions on your behalf;
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative; and
- Companies participating with us in a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or business exchange.
These companies are required to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do and only for the services for which they are engaged.
We may also disclose information to non-affiliated parties as allowed by law, when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm or damages to the rights, property or safety of Riskalyze, its users or the public as required or permitted by law. If Riskalyze is ordered by a legal process or government to provide data about one or more individual users, we will notify those users of our compliance with that order, to the extent permitted by law.
In addition, we may develop, use, distribute and publish information and statistics derived from your data and the content that you contribute for use on a masked, aggregate basis. This particular use of your data and content will not result in the distribution or publication of any personally identifiable information.
Deleting Your Information
We believe that your data belongs to you, and therefore, you may delete your account at any time that you choose. To request that your account be deleted, please contact us at [email protected]. Because of the way we maintain the Services to protect the integrity of your data, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted, and your data may remain in our backup systems. However, our systems are architected so that your data will drop out of active use for all of the uses that we described above.
Want to report a security concern?
Please visit our security response page, or email us at [email protected].
Last Modified July 12, 2019