CB Insights Reveals the Fintech 250 List At Future of Fintech
Riskalyze Named to the 2017 Fintech 250, Highlighting Advancements in Risk Analysis.
New York, NY, June 27, 2017 — CB Insights today named Riskalyze to the prestigious Fintech 250, a select group of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking financial technology. CB Insights CEO and co-founder, Anand Sanwal, revealed the Fintech 250 companies during The Future of Fintech, a gathering of the world’s largest financial institutions, best fintech startups, and most active venture investors.
“The financial services industry will see more change in the next 10 years than it has in the last 100. And that transformation is being driven by a group of smart insurgent startup companies. The Fintech 250 are the most promising of these insurgents. They are bringing emerging technologies and business models to financial services that will permanently change the way we handle money and do business,” said CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal.
“At Riskalyze, we’re laser-focused on our mission to empower the world to invest fearlessly,” said Aaron Klein, CEO at Riskalyze. “As a long-term, independent partner to financial advisors, we’re honored to be recognized in CB Insights’ Fintech 250 and would like to thank our incredible customers.”
The CB Insights research team selected the Fintech 250 companies based on several factors including data submitted by the companies and the company’s Mosaic Score. The Mosaic Score, based on CB Insights’ National Science Foundation-funded algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies. Through this evidence-based, statistically-driven approach, the Mosaic Score can help predict a company’s momentum, market health and financial viability.
Companies such as Affirm, Stripe, Robinhood, Acorns, Nav and Blue Vine joined Riskalyze in being recognized for their innovative technology in front of an audience of 1000 senior executives from around the world and news outlets including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Reuters and Bloomberg.
Quick facts on the Fintech 250:
- These 250 emerging private companies have raised $14B across 240 deals in 2016.
- Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in insurance, lending, payments, human resources, real estate, and much more.
- More than 2,000 companies were nominated or applied for the Fintech 250 (only 8% were selected).
- Ribbit Capital has backed 17 of the Fintech 250 companies, while Andreesen Horowitz and Goldman Sachs backed 9.
- Twenty-three Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more.
- 23 countries are represented among the Fintech 250 companies.